Imagine, you are having an extremely cold winter season & all of a sudden, your hot shower gets interrupted & icy water starts dripping over you from the shower. How would you feel? Painful right? You might think that the hot water is over & that is the reason why cold water is coming out. But if this continues every time you go to use warm water, it is likely that you need hot water replacement immediately.
It is really troublesome to use freezing water during the winter season, the idea of taking bath in cold water during the winters, sends shivers down our spine! In order to avoid such inconvenience, there are ways by which you can detect whether your water heater requires a replacement or not.
In this blog, we shall discuss the indications that say you should go for a hot water replacement in Mandurah to avoid such sudden consequences.
1. If your water heater is too old- If you think your water is old, you can know the exact age by looking for the serial number on the manufacturer’s sticker at the top. You can also check your manufacturer’s website for more information & have your water heater replaced if you discover that your water heater is more than 10 years old. Remember to flush your water heater every year so that it lasts as long as possible. If you think your unit is under the condition that it will cause damage if it leaks, go for an immediate replacement instead of risking mould, mildew & water damage.
2. Rusty water- If you find your hot water to be rusty, take it as a sign that it may be rusting from the inside & start to leak soon. You must go for a new water heater in case you find rust in your hot water. You can prevent rust by adding a zinc, aluminium or magnesium rod to your water heater. Another feasible option is purchasing natural gas water heaters as they are more efficient than electric models & heats water faster than electricity. For the best advice, you can contact your trusted hot water plumbers in Mandurah.
3. Insufficient water- If you face the problem of having cold water more frequently despite using your water heater, you might need a replacement. The easiest sign to know whether your hot water needs a replacement is when there is a lack of hot water.
4. Too much of noise- The older the water heater gets, the more the sediments will accumulate at the bottom of the tank. With continuous heating & reheating, the sediments gradually harden, wasting energy & taking up a lot of the heater’s capacity. This is when you can hear noises coming out from your heater. This is followed by lesser hot water. The extra time required to heat water leads to cracks or holes in your water heater, so you should look for leaks if you hear banging or rumbling.
5. Leaks- Heating metal causes it to expand & slight cracks will result in water leaks from your tank. A leak will damage the utility purpose of the heater & the inner tank will stop heating when the metal cools down. Before replacing your water heater, make sure there are no other leaks coming from the connections of the tank.
Conclusion- Remembering these five signs will help you to know easily whether you should replace your water heater or not. It is always advisable to consult a professional plumber’s advice before taking a decision.