The most common plumbing problems that a family can experience in a lifetime are a leaking tap, a clogged sink or a noisy faucet. In most cases, the homeowner tries to fix the problem himself seeing videos over the internet. Depending on the seriousness of the plumbing problems, it is alright at times to try out some DIY tricks.
In the midst of attempting such DIY tricks (instead of calling a local plumber in Mandurah), many homeowners don’t realize what harm is being done to their plumbing. They attempt the wrong plumbing tricks that can further aggravate the problem.
So all you need to know is the common plumbing mistakes and avoid doing them. Here is a list:
1. Using too many fixtures- Using too many fixtures is not a solution for your plumbing problem. For instance: if your home is facing low water pressure problem, treating it by using multiple fixtures will do no good, rather it will further worsen the condition. Unless it is absolutely necessary, in case the main plumbing fixtures aren’t effective enough, stay away from using a great number of fixtures.
2. Clean outs cannot be reached easily- Many homes are built in such a way that there is no adequate space around the clean outs. As a result, performing periodical maintenance of pipes and drains becomes a difficult task for most of the plumbing services in Mandurah. Hence, having sufficient space around the clean out is necessary so that you or your plumber can get into the whole plumbing system and investigate if there occurs a blockage anytime.
3. Lack of space- Homes constructed without proper planning is not an uncommon sight- the rooms are of unequal dimensions or the kitchen is small with no space to keep your appliances or the bathroom is in the wrong direction. In this list, another thing that is included also is the plumbing system; many homes have an inadequate plumbing system in the sense that there is no space between the appliances and the plumbing fixtures. For example: if the bathtub is situated too close to the toilet, it can be a problem for you to use both and you surely wouldn’t want that! If such plumbing errors exist in your home, consider calling up an expert plumbing company and making the necessary amends.
4. Treating the drain as a dustbin- One of the major plumbing mistakes that people make is throwing whatever they get into their drains. Little do they know that these materials will give birth to drain blockage in a few days’ time! And then, they will have to constantly worry about which plumbing company in Mandurah should they call? Will they be efficient enough to fix the drain blockage? What will be the cost? And many such thoughts. In case you don’t want to get burdened with these concerns, stop throwing everything like plastic bags, construction materials, leftover food, vegetable peels, hair, oil and grease down the drain.
5. Pushing a faucet handle with a leak- Majority people break the faucet while attempting to turn it off and this constitutes another big plumbing mistake. Faucet drips are common and showing your strength by putting excessive pressure on the handle is not going to stop the drip. To stop faucet drips, you don’t need muscle power but knowledge and expertise. Thus if you are unaware of how to stop the faucet drip, it is best to call a qualified plumber.
Conclusion- There is no doubt about the fact that plumbing problems can arise anytime. But when there are plumbing problems that can be avoided easily, all you need is to be aware of such plumbing problems and not allow them from being your cause of worry! To know more about plumbing problems and their fixes, phone us at 0895828822