Ideally, every home must opt for a professional drain cleaning service twice every six months. Cleaning your drain periodically can reduce the chances of having clogs and enable your plumbing system to work smoothly. Professional drain cleaning services, when availed from a reputable plumbing company in Mandurah, can help you get rid of any kind of clogs that were gradually developing or had developed already and were troubling you. It is a service worth your time and money in every way.
So how are you going to prepare for a professional drain cleaning service? Here are the steps:
1. Create an easy access point: The first step to prepare for a drain cleaning service is to clear the path between your drain and the front door. Any obstacle in between your drain and the front door of your house will prevent your plumber from accessing your system. To be precise, there should a clear distance of at least 3 feet so that the various drain cleaning equipment pieces can be brought in and out of the drain easily.
2. Clear out around the access point: This is connected to the previous point. Having any item around the access point will make the job more difficult for your plumber. So, consider removing such items so that your plumber can easily access the drain. For example: if you tend to keep your kitchen supplies near the kitchen sink or toiletries under your bathroom basin, you should remove and keep them elsewhere to ensure maximum efficiency and safety when your plumber works to clean the drain.
3. Dispose of sewage: The fact that you need services for drainage solution in Mandurah becomes more evident when you find sewage making way through the drains. If this is the leading cause for blocking your drain, even before you call a drainage plumber, contacting a waste removal company is essential. Sewage waste is dangerous as it blocks the access point of the drain and makes cleaning an extremely difficult process. And if left in that state, don’t blame your plumbers if they can’t identify drain issues! Therefore, should you want your drainage service to be effective, it is important to call a waste removal company first to clear out the sewage waste and then ask your plumber to clean the drain.
4. Don’t use chemical drain cleaners: The reason why a majority of the plumbers are against using chemical drain cleaners is that it corrodes that pipes and affects your plumbing system over time. And if you have used a chemical drainer, there are high chances that you have created an unsafe environment not only for the plumber but also for the others in your family. If you notice water draining slower than usual, you can pour a half cup of baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar. Avoid opening the tap for the next 15 minutes and then pour hot water into the drain. Although this technique may not remove your clog completely, it is still better than a completely clogged drain, isn’t it?
5. May require to do some additional plumbing jobs: The worst part of a clogged drain is that it is not the only problem that is troubling you. A clogged drain is often accompanied by bigger problems like a sewer line failure or damaged pipes underneath your ground. For this reason, it is better to allow professional plumbers to tackle drainage problems rather than experimenting with DIY ideas. With the help of expert plumbers, not only will they clear out the clogs but also resolve other clog-related plumbing problems at the same time.
Conclusion: A clogged drain means a complete mess of your home as well as a loss of your peace of mind. The accumulating waste water in your kitchen or bathroom gradually gives out a foul smell which soon becomes unbearable. To avoid such inconvenience, scheduling a drainage cleaning service from a reputable plumbing company in Mandurah is crucial as this will keep your drain free of problems in the long run. Thus, do not ignore the importance of periodical drain cleaning should you want to keep messy problems like a clogged drain at bay.