Water heaters are a prime necessity, especially during the winter season. Imagine how would you feel if you had to use icy cold water to take bath, wash clothes and utensils? It would be practically impossible to use the water when the temperature is below 0 degree Celsius. At this moment, you wish you had a water heater that would take away your pain. With a water heater, you will no more have numbness in your fingers.
But just purchasing any type of water heater in haste is not right. You need to check few features before purchasing a tank or a tankless water heater. These features are:
1. Energy efficiency- It is important to check the rate of energy consumption before purchasing the right water heater. For instance: in recent times, the modern tankless water heaters are considered to be more energy efficient as it requires energy only when it is turned on. You should check the energy efficiency of the water heater because more energy efficiency means more savings on your monthly electricity bill. Moreover, you would also be able to use energy sustainably without worrying about exhausting it!
2. Matter of size- Before purchasing a water heater, make sure the heater does not require much space to install. According to many professional plumbers in Mandurah, a water heater that is compact in size makes the entire space look neat and clean after getting installed. If you lack space in your home, it is best to go for a tankless water heater as it requires less space compared to the traditional ones.
3. Longevity- Ensuring the longevity of your chosen water heater is a must because obviously after spending so much, you wouldn’t want to replace your water heater so soon because it is no longer working. Water heaters that get decayed easily(tank-type water heaters)should be avoided. The approximate lifespan of a tankless water heater is about 20 years; also there are replaceable parts inside tankless water heaters that can be replaced by any hot water plumber in Mandurah and extend the lifespan of your water heater. A water heater with a tank has an average longevity between 10-15 years and comes with no replaceable parts. So chose your water heater wisely!
4. Storage capacity- This is the feature that troubles many buyers before opting for the right water heater. Any water heater will not have all the features; a water heater that is energy efficient and has great longevity will not have sufficient storage and vice-versa. A water heater with a large storage capacity will supply hot water at one go for all your needs whereas a water heater with less storage will supply a limited amount of water at a time.
5. Cost- Last but not the least comes the money factor. No good product comes at a cheap price. A water heater that is energy efficient, has good lifespan and is of the right size will be priced a little higher than an ordinary water heater. In this respect, it is advisable to pay a little more and go for a tankless water heater than an ordinary one. At such a price, you will get the benefits of all the features as well as use it for many more years to come.
Conclusion- Nothing will provide more satisfaction than using hot water during the icy cold winter months. So, choose a water heater wisely, considering all the above-mentioned factors.