High water pressure puts excess stress on the plumbing system in your home and thereby reduces the lifespan of the appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters.
But it’s often difficult for people to realize if their plumbing system is tolerating high water pressure. If you are experiencing any of the below-mentioned symptoms, it’s time to hire the best plumber in Mandurah to check the water pressure and fix the issue.
Signs of High Water Pressure
– Banging pipes: You hear banging sounds in the pipes when water pummels quickly through the pipes due to excessive pressure.
– Faucet leaks: Does your faucet leak at a particular time of the day or when a new plumbing fixture is used? Probably your faucets are leaking because of high water pressure.
– Running toilets: High water pressure can even be a reason for running toilets.
How to Fix High Water Pressure
1. Pressure reducing valve (PRV): You can hire the best plumber in Mandurah to install a high water pressure valve. By doing so, you can enjoy several benefits like:
– Saving money on water bills: You can put an end to the never-ending high water bills that you thought it won’t stop. As a consequence, you save both money and water.
– Reducing high water pressure to a functional level: Having a normal water pressure is good for the overall plumbing system of your home. There won’t be the need for frequent pipe leaks and repairs too.
– Reducing household water consumption: As a responsible citizen, you must prevent wastage of water and conserve it for your future generation. So if you don’t want to encounter severe water crisis, start acting from today and stop unnecessary consumption of water. Some of the most common reasons that cause water wastage are: leaving the taps running while brushing your teeth or scrubbing your clothes, kids leaving the taps running for fun and so on.
2. Seek assistance from the plumbers: Fixing a high water pressure problem is not a piece of cake; it is advisable not to attempt a Do-it-Yourself trick by watching any videos or guide as it could make the condition worse. To avoid further consequences, you must always seek the help of a professional plumbing company in Mandurah. They will provide you with the best plumbers who possess professional training and even have appropriate plumbing tools for the job. As a result, your high-water pressure problem will be solved efficiently and at the quickest possible time besides reducing unnecessary expenditure.
3. Use a water pressure regulator: To keep your water pressure levels at a normal rate, plumbers always advise to use a water pressure regulator. After installing it, you need to adjust it properly before your water pressure is stabilized.
Conclusion: High water pressure feels great while taking a nice shower but at other times, it is like slow poison! It can cause permanent damage to your water pipes, constant leaks and affect your appliances like washing machines, shower heads and water heaters. Only when you hire the best plumber in Mandurah can you put an end to this problem once and for all.