When it comes to plumbing, there are several pipes, drainage, and sewage lines in your home or commercial space. That is why you must always be on your toes when you tend to hear strange noises from them. If everything is working correctly, you would find everything running quietly. But in case there is an issue, you may want to call in a professional plumber in Mandurah. This blog defines the various reasons you get to hear certain types of noises from your plumbing system.
Common Plumbing Noises at Your Home
Strange plumbing noises are just an indication of something bad going to happen and you need to make that your priority, no matter what. The best way to do so is first identifying what each noise means. So, let’s go on and find the various noises and what their solutions entail:
1. Banging: Also known as a water hammer, a loud banging sound can only happen when a valve quickly shuts off the water flow. Such noises can also happen when you have improperly secured pipes.
2. Rattling: When there is a heavy flow of water running through pipes, it is common for them to shake. However, if the noise is pretty loud and you can notice the same, this means that the pipes are not secure. The best way to handle them is by tightening the mountain straps.
3. Whistling: This sound usually comes from the showerhead when it is clogged. The best way to handle such situations is by cleaning any buildup in it by removing the showerhead first. You can also install a replacement showerhead in case the buildup is too much.
4. Gurgling: Have you ever heard your drains gurgle? The only reason why it might be that way is due to a plumbing clog or air bubbles in the drain. A drain venting issue might also be the reason for such noises. Contacting professional plumbers to handle the issue for you can help in the long run.
5. Screeching: A loud screech or a high-pitched squeal can be the sign of a faulty faucet. Whenever there is a loose or defective part of the faucet, you may hear some screeching and replacing the problematic part can get you the best results.
6. Hissing: Talking about faucets, when you turn them on and hear a hissing sound, you may notice that the water pressure would be too high. This is a matter of concern and you must contact professionals immediately.
What are the problems you may encounter if you ignore them?
As the top six types of common sounds that you encounter when dealing with plumbing solutions, these might take away your sleep if you don’t solve them immediately. These get worse over time and might end up flooding your own house. Let us not forget the huge amount of money that you would have to spend in the repair or changing of the same.
Conclusion: Hiring a professional plumber Mandurah can help you with the situation by offering their services at any time of the day. QA Plumbing is a company that has been in business for a long time and has a team of experts who can take care of all problems related to the drainage and sewage. Should you want to know more, get in touch with QA Plumbing at (08) 9582 8822.