Talking about the nightmares of owning houses, emergency plumbing problems come first in the list. They happen at the most inconvenient of times and leave you overwhelmed with no solution to the same. However, if you come across a sudden plumbing problem which comes between the regular functions of the house, it may be termed as an emergency. Here is a list of all the common plumbing problems which an emergency plumber may be able to resolve.
What are Emergency Plumbing Issues?
When you encounter a real emergency plumbing issue, you would immediately hope that you had enough time in your hands to fix it. The longer you end up waiting for the problem to be resolved, the bigger does the problem gets. These are common and yet come unannounced, without giving you enough time to fix them. Some of them, however, can be momentarily fixed with DIY methods. Others, on the other hand, have to get professional help. An emergency plumber Mandurah is always trained to handle such problems. Some of them are:
- Clogged Drains: If you ever come across a slowly draining pipe, you should know that it is a sign of a clogged drain. What starts with slow draining ends up with a complete clog which would not let any water escape. If you do not find a solution to clogged drains soon enough, they might turn into becoming a health hazard which you would rather ignore. Another quick sign of clogged drains is odd water running sounds.
- Leaking Pipes: What might seem minor at the moment can turn serious in the next, and you wouldn’t even know what hit you. Leaks are one of those issues. If your pipes haven’t been changed in a long run, then the faucets, washing machine hoses, water heaters, and even toilets might start leaking. Each of these leaks happens due to rust formed because of the daily use; which would, in turn, affect your floors and walls. Identify the leaks by looking for dripping sounds, increased water bills, or the mould growth near the pipes.
- Frozen Pipes: This condition is so sudden that you would not be able to believe what hit you. About to do catastrophic damage to the house, frozen pipes can even explode. Once the pipe freezes, it expands the entire stretch which, once burst, and can flood your entire property. So, if you are living in an area which faces harsh winters, it is recommended that you keep the number of a plumber handy and get him to check the entire piping of your house to be extra cautious. Be sure that the pipes are appropriately insulated as well to prevent them from freezing.
- Gas Leak: A plumber’s work goes beyond just checking the water drainage and sewage of your house. A professional who has been in the field for long would also know how to handle gas leaks. If you notice any rotten-egg or sulphur-like smell in your home, you must call for an emergency plumber Mandurah as soon as possible. Gas leaks, as you might already know, are very explosive and if you any doubt that you are facing it; you must immediately call for professionals to take a look at it.
- Pipe Burst: External factors such as earthquakes, construction work, or tree roots can cause critical damage to the pipes. This might ultimately lead to them bursting if they are made up of weak materials. Once they do burst, there will be no stopping to the flooding of your house. Some of the most frequent signs of a burst pipe are low water pressure and patches on the lawn.
Problems that can wait for a while
Now that you are aware of the emergencies that might need urgent plumber attention, you must know that the issues that seem to be trivial, can wait for some time. While in these situations you would have to get help as soon as possible, the minor problems can be handled after some time as well. However, you may want to weigh the cost to be incurred to solve the issue before you decide if it is worth waiting or not.
Conclusion: It is advised you do not wait until it is too late. This is because the longer you wait to fix the repairs, the more money would you have to spend on the same. QA Plumbers, based in Mandurah, has a team of professional plumbers available at your service twenty-four hours a day. All you have to do is dial (08) 9582 822 or send an email to email@example.com and an emergency plumber would be at your door.