The high oxygen levels in the water running through your plumbing system and the overuse of the chemical drain cleaners for a quick DIY fix can lead your pipe to be corroded quicker than expected. While this is a problem that no one wishes to ever face, this is more common than we like it to be. Hiring licensed plumbers in Mandurah can help you fix the issue at the right time if you know what you are looking for, in the first place. So, today, we have come up with the red flags that are signs of corroded plumbing that you can lookout.
Top Signs You Need to Look Out for
Corrosion is deadly to the plumbing fixtures of your house. So much so that if you leave the rust as it is, it can lead to high water bills, burst pipes, and maybe health problems as well, in the future. Some of the most common red flags that signal corrosion include:
- Discoloured Water: Always pay close attention to how the water looks early in the morning when you first use the tap. If it is not clear, as it is typically supposed to, you have corroded pipes in the system. This is effective because water rests in the pipe overnight and the sediment that flakes off the damaged pipes then go on to create a discolouration that creates the brown hue seen in the first draw of water.
- Different Taste: Water is, well, water, and it shouldn’t have any distinct taste to it as such. However, whenever there is a presence of rust or excess oxygen in the pipes, the water might end up tasting funny, and that is one of the biggest signs that your pipeline is corroded.
- Frequent Clogs: Yes, more than a strange taste or a weird colour, another very common sign of a corroded pipe is frequent clogging in the system. The physical build-up of the sediment, over time, starts filling up the remaining pipe and thus end with you experiencing clogging in the system more often. Even when you have cleared the pipes with a snake, calling licensed plumbers Mandurah can help identify the corrosion and clear it away completely to avoid any further expensive repair.
- Low Water Pressure: Another major sign of pipe corrosion is reduced water pressure. It might also be because of leaks in the pipeline because of the frequent clogs and corrosion. In case there are blockages present in the pipes, even when the water is turned on at the maximum speed, low pressure is common.
- Leaks in the Pipes: As mentioned, if your plumbing system starts to develop leaks on various parts of your home, corrosion is the biggest reason behind it. Most plumbing problems, more often than not, are connected to a deep-rooted issue, and in this case, if you encounter any or all of these issues, it is corrosion.
Conclusion: We all have braved through a pandemic and are still living inside a bubble to keep ourselves safe, and one of the best ways to do so is keeping your drainage and sewage system clean. QA Plumbing, as reputable and licensed plumbers in Mandurah, has been taking care of households for over a decade with their exceptional services at competitive rates. In case you want to know more, feel free to get in touch with the team today.