The energy efficiency of a water heater is typically measured using the correspondence between the production of hot water and the electrical input. If you are looking forward to maximizing the said energy efficiency, you need to focus on having the water heating system installed by a professional. Doing it yourself can affect the efficiency and end up costing you a lot in the long run. Now, with regular usage, the productivity of any system can go down and the same is the case with hot water systems as well. This blog would take you through the various aspects of hot water systems and the various hot water repairs that you would need to always keep in mind.
Hot Water Tank Problems Signs
It is extremely common to take your water heater for granted because it is almost like a silent presence in your life that you tend to forget about, as long as it is working. While such hot water tanks can be dependable for the years, there are times when you might require a repair. So, what are the warning signs you must look out for? Let’s find out!
- A popping noise like that of boiling water from the tank.
- Water leakage from the tank.
- A strange odour like that of rotten eggs from around the tank.
- Appliances and faucets attached to the tank not producing hot water.
- Rust-coloured water.
- Water doesn’t remain hot enough even without changing any settings.
Troubleshooting the Water Heater Problems
The issues mentioned above are the typical symptom of a faulty hot water tank or installation. So, how do you opt for hot water repairs yourself without stirring up any extra trouble?
- Corrosion: The mismatch of materials is the most common reason for corrosion of the hot water tank. The best possible way to fix this issue is by consulting with a professional plumber and letting the person know about the dielectric unions or nipples used by the heating system.
- Temperature Drop: Each hot water system includes a component called the dip-tube and that is responsible to introduce cold water at the bottom of the tank. Once this dip-tube is corroded, it can break and introduce cold water to the top instead. This can be fixed by professionals easily by changing the component.
- High-Efficiency Heater Not Working: This problem is typically faced by the newer models that happen because most of us forget to clean the heater’s screen. As debris clog up the screen, there will be a reduced airflow to the system, and the water heater can shut itself down.
Conclusion: Checking your heater once a while can ensure that you can see if it requires any repairing or not. The pressure valves and the temperature are the two most important aspects you must keep a track of. QA Plumbing has a team of experienced plumbers who are skilled at hot water repairs. You can get in touch with the professionals at any time of the day to consult on your water heating problems, both for residential and commercial purposes.