Concrete slab foundation leaks are very troublesome affairs and they go unnoticed most of the time. This can result in a lot of problems like- water damage, cracking walls and also foundation destruction. Proper precaution must be taken to deal with a slab leak. However, it is very difficult to detect one. Here are some of the symptoms which might help you in detecting a slab leak in the initial stages of its occurrence.
– Visible cracks in the walls and floor of your house
– The sound of running water can be heard all the time even when the water systems are turned off
– There are warm wet spots on the floors of your house- this could indicate a leak in the hot water line
– Your water bill is exceptionally high
– In some areas of your home the ground is inexplicably damp
– There is a lot of moisture build-up and even mould growth underneath the carpets.
– You should start by inspecting the lower edge of the slab
– Cracking or buckling foundation- if the foundation buckles then you will start to see cracks in the foundation around the exterior part of the house. It can also appear in the floor and walls inside your home. Get help from plumbing service Mandurah to rescue the extent of damage caused.
Initially these symptoms may seem harmless enough and you might think that they will clear up on their own. But do not make the mistake of ignoring them. Seek the help of a licensed plumber Mandurah and get serious about fixing that leaking slab.
What can happen if the slab leak goes unnoticed
The soil on your property will heave due to saturation if it is of an expansive nature. Moreover, the ground beneath your home, if it moves or shifts can result in serious damage to your home’s foundation.
Problems like buckling and cracking can result in cosmetic and structural damage. In addition to this, if the leak enters your home then your belongings are likely to get damaged or destroyed. It is very important to seek the help of a licensed plumber Mandurah who can help you in detection and prevention of slab leaks in your home.
Repair Techniques for Slab Leaks
For repairing slab leaks, there exists many methods. Some might be more invasive than the others. Your plumber may choose the method of repair depending on the type of leak and the location.
– The foundation is cut open and the pipe is then fixed.
– Repiping the entire line
– Pipe Coating
Solutions for Slab Leak
The only possible way to deal with a slab leak is to get the assistance of an experienced plumbing service Mandurah. Plumbers are equipped with special, non-invasive equipment that can be used to make a proper investigation. The devices used to detect and locate a leak beneath your home’s foundation are: pressure gauges, camera inspections, electronic amplification equipment, and electromagnetic pipeline locators.