Why do you think your drains get clogged?
How often do they have this tendency?
What should you do when they get clogged?
Let the plumbing experts resolve all these queries with proper explanation.
First of all, a clogged drain issue is noticed only when it becomes worse. Otherwise, most of the times, it is completely neglected. This should not be the case. You should understand why such issues occur so you can nip them in the bud. So, here are a few things that you must be aware of if you do not want to suffer from such issues in the first place:
– How do drains function?
– Why do they get clogged?
– What are the common signs of a drain block?
Once you are well aware of these, you will no longer find it difficult to resolve the issue beforehand. Just keep the contacts of residential plumbers handy so you can take care of emergencies if any.
A clogged drain is a nuisance and it is a common problem. To avoid dealing with this, you should know the reasons which cause a drain to clog.
– Pouring grease down the drain
– Disposing of stuff like paint, rubbish, chemicals will not only clog the drain but also lead to leakage in the pipes due to the chemicals
– Throwing leftover food down the drain. Leftover pieces should be disposed of in a proper dustbin
A clogged drain is easy to recognize. Look for the following signs.
– Water build up
– Pipes swell up and threaten to burst
– The sink is filled with water and the drain holes are clogged with rubbish
– The water from the bathroom doesn’t drain
– Water coming back out from the sink drain
– Bad odours emanating from the drain
– Gurgling noises heard from the drain
– Accumulation of large puddles around the drain
When you are aware of the reasons that are causing your drain to clog you can then take necessary precautions to avoid it in the future.
– Pour boiling water down the drain once a week. This will clean the pipes and de-clog them, cleaning the build-up of waste materials.
– Clean the drain pipes, checking for any lint or hair that might be obstructing the water flow.
– Every month follow this step once to have clean functional drains- A cup of baking soda is to be poured down each drain tub, shower, sinks. Follow it up by poring down a cup of white vinegar. Finish the whole process by pouring a cup of salt and then run hot water down them. This will completely clean the drains of any leftover build-up.
If these tips are assiduously followed, then you won’t ever have to deal with a clogged drain again. However it is advisable to call the residential plumbers once in every while to get those checked checked so as to avoid damaging the drains and keep them functional for a long time.