Plumbing emergencies are one of the most common forms of problems that people face, almost every day. A majority of the people start panicking when they notice such issues. Others feel like they can handle the issues on their own and often end up with more damage than earlier. Through this blog, let us find out the various things you should do, as a homeowner, whenever you face such plumbing emergencies.
Top Things to Do During a Plumbing Emergency
First off, you need to call a professional that offers emergency plumbing Mandurah whenever there’s an emergency. However, till the time you wait for the plumber to arrive, you can assess the situation and do a few things to minimize the damage as much as possible. Some of the things you can do in this situation include:
- Turn off the Water Supply: Whenever there is a plumbing emergency, the first thing that you need to do is shut off the water valve. This, depending on the nature of the emergency, can save your house from getting flooded, thereby keeping your repair expenses to the minimum.
- Check the Water Heater: Next up, you need to check for the water heater in your house. This is one source where water and electricity are combined, and when it comes to plumbing emergencies, this is nothing short of a major problem. To prevent damage to the heating unit, you have to shut off the valve. This will stop the system from overheating and subsequent bursting.
- Control all the Small Leaks: As you are dealing with plumbing emergencies that require the interference of a professional plumber, you need to look for all the small leaks in your system. Stuff rags or old towels in them to stop the leak from spreading. You can also collect the water from those leaks into buckets or use a plumber’s tape to save any possible flooding. You have to, though, inform the plumber whenever they arrive about the position of the leaks.
- Open up all the Drains: Even when you have successfully turned off all the valves, there will be enough water in the pipes capable of causing long-term damage to your system. To be on the safer side, you need to drain the water away from your home by opening up all the drains and spigots outside the house. This will remove all the water from the pipes, thereby giving the plumbers a clean slate to start working with, especially during emergencies.
- Contact Professionals for a Repair: As we have already mentioned earlier, whenever you are stuck with a plumbing emergency, you need to contact professionals for a repair. You might have the urge to take care of the problem yourself through DIY methods, and more often than not, if the problem is small, you might be able to. But, this can only cause long-term damage to your plumbing system that would incur heavy charges later on.
Conclusion: As you decide on the nature of your plumbing emergency and want to get in touch with professionals regarding the same, you need to keep the number of licensed plumbers handy. QA Plumbing is one of the most sought-after companies that offer emergency plumbing Mandurah services at attractive rates. The fact that you can opt for the services at any time of the day makes this company all the more popular in the area. To know more or get in touch with professionals, feel free to get in touch with QA Plumbing.