You may prefer to keep it hot or cold depending on your choices or specific requirements but, insulation can help increase the efficiency of your water pipes. Many homeowners are not aware of this simple trick to boost the effectiveness of the water systems in their houses. But, this small action of yours can also make a good difference to your energy costs (about 3-5%). You can conduct an energy audit of your home in Mandurah by professionals and they will tell you the same thing. If you are not convinced yet, take a look at the reasons as well as benefits of insulating hot and cold water pipes below:
Reasons for Hot Water Pipes Insulation
- Absorption of heat from conditioned spaces: Uninsulated pipes run the risk of heat absorption from the external space. None of us want to feel the hot water running down from the tap during the days of summer. Thus, it is better to install insulated water pipes.
- Risk of freezing: Under the influence of unconditioned spaces, the uninsulated water pipes run the risk of freezing. This problem may turn quite expensive and you may need to spend a lot to repair it in future.
- Condensation and water dripping: Given the high-humid summer in Mandurah, the uninsulated pipes run the risk of condensation and water dripping. Any stuff kept under the pipe might get damaged by the dripping water.
Benefits of Hot Water Pipes Insulation
- Preventing heat loss: The hot water pipe insulation is a significant part of the world of residential plumbing. It helps to keep the standby water inside the pipes, warmer. If you have installed a traditional heater for heating up the tank water then you should insulate the water pipes so that the energy spent by the water heater, should not dissipate.
- Preventing pipe bursts: Given the winter season of Mandurah, insulating the hot water pipes will prevent it from bursting. The temperature difference tends to expand or contract the metal-built pipe thereby making it prone to burst. The insulation will help prevent the pipe bursts.
- Reduce disturbing noises: You must have noticed the disturbing clanking sound when you run down hot water and it passes through the pipe. The temperature difference between the inner and the outer layers of the pipe produce the sound. Pipe insulation is the best way to stop this annoying sound.
- It is cost-effective and gives huge returns: You can expect a cost reduction by around 2% after installing insulated hot water pipes. Every year this will save approximately 8 to 12 AUD.
You may DIY or you may call up a qualified plumber offering quality plumbing solutions in Mandurah to do the job for you. No matter which option you choose, it will enhance the efficiency of your water system to a great extent.