A plumbing problem may seem easy to fix unless you perform it yourself. You may know how to fix a simple tap leak but when it comes to kitchen plumbing, the problems seem to have no end!
Performing a DIY trick is no match when your kitchen plumbing problems become serious. Instead, it can make the problem worse than before. In such a situation, it is always advisable to hire a licensed plumber in Mandurah to save your kitchen plumbing.
The following are the various kitchen plumbing problems that call for the attention of a licensed plumber:
1. Fixing poor water pressure: If you are turning on the tap in full force but only a weak stream of water is running out, then you have low water pressure in your kitchen. The problem may lie with the aerator that is clogged due to the deposition of minerals. If it is difficult for you to clean the aerator, you can always rely on any plumbing services in Mandurah to clean the clog and have a free flowing jet of water out of the tap.
2. Repairing leaky faucet: Most of the time, leaks occur at the base of the spout due to the O-ring seal that has worn out. If the leak occurs from the spout’s base, replacing the O-ring is a DIY job. First, turn off the water supply and then take off the coupling nut from the faucet, remove the old O-ring seal and replace it with a new one. However, you can always call a professional plumber if your attempt proves unsuccessful or the leak is occurring from other places.
3. Taking care of garbage disposal problems: Garbage disposal is a great way to tackle the garbage menace but certainly, you cannot dispose of everything that you want. For things like grease, bones, vegetable peels etc. all these can clog your disposal. To ensure the smooth functioning of your garbage disposal, always remember to pour cold water into the drain 20 seconds after using it and around 40 seconds after you have used it.
4. Unclogging drain pipes: Your kitchen pipes get clogged due to two reasons: an accumulation of debris or due to your disposal of everything down the drain – from grease and hot oil to vegetable peels, plastic and others. If your pipe is unclogged, use a plunger first to relieve the clog. The use of a drain cleaner is also common among home owners; try using eco-friendly drain cleaners that do not harm your pipes. If all these fail, do not delay in calling an emergency plumber in Mandurah to deliver a speedy solution.
5. Repairing leaky sinks: There is a P-shaped trap inside your kitchen sink that restricts the entry of odor and sewer gases inside your home. Sometimes the P-trap gets clogged due to the accumulation of grease or soap scum and this results in a leak. Checking the P-trap is challenging unless you have the expertise. That is why it is best to call a professional plumber who will come and inspect the P-trap and replace it if necessary.
Conclusion: These are the major kitchen plumbing problems that require the intervention of a licensed plumber in Mandurah. Plumbing problems are unpredictable; they can occur anytime and cause inconvenience. However, if you are aware of what to do and have the contact of a reliable plumbing company, restoring your kitchen plumbing’s condition is just a matter of a few hours.